All Blog Posts :
- The health impact of residential retreats: a systematic review
- Acupuncture for analgesia in the emergency department: a multicentre, randomised, equivalence and non-inferiority trial
- Clinical Effects of Regular Dry Sauna Bathing: A Systematic Review
- 10 Wellness Trends & Predictions for 2020 and beyond
- Prof Marc Cohen – Ayurveda Conference 2017
- The clinical efficacy and safety of tulsi in humans: A systematic review of the literature
- Working Up a Good Sweat – The challenges of standardising sweat collection for metabolomics analysis.
- Acupuncture alone or in conjunction with pharmacotherapy for analgesia in common emergency department presentations
- Complementary medicine products– interpreting the evidence base
- Acupuncture in Australia:- A Review of its Current Position
- Low Resistance Pathways along Acupuncture Meridians have Dynamic Characteristics
- Acupuncture Needles and the Seebeck Effect: Do Temperature Gradients Produce Electro-stimulation?
- Mapping Acupuncture Points Using a Multi-channel Device
- Complementary Medicine and the Medical Profession: A Survey of Medical Students Attitudes
- Muscle Tissue Recovery Using the Low-frequency Electromagnetic Field
- A pilot study on the extremely low frequency (ELF) pulsing magnetic field (PMF) effect on soft tissue injuries: A preliminary analysis of results.
- Extremely Low Frequency (ELF) Pulsing Magnetic Field (PMF) Effects on Soft Tissues Injuries
- Physician Heal Thyself: Lifestyle Education for Medical Students
- Complementary Therapies; Have They Become Mainstream in General Practice?
- Complementary Therapies: Where to from here?
- A clinical trial of the Buteyko breathing technique
- What is Complementary Medicine?
- Happiness and humour: A medical perspective
- No Guesswork with this alternative: desktop guide to Complementary and Alternative Medicine: An evidence-based approach.
- Non-prescription complementary treatments used by rheumatoid arthritis patients attending a community-based rheumatology practice
- Characteristics of Victorian general practitioners who practise complementary therapies
- A randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial – Glucosamine – Osteoarthritis of the knee
- A topical cream containing glucosamine and chondroitin sulphate – osteoarthritis of the knee
- Integrating Complementary Therapies: Book Review
- A mysterious trial of topical glucosamine/chondroitin
- Electromagnetic Radiation and Health
- CAM practitioners and “regular” doctors: is integration possible?
- Mind-body medicine
- A randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial – osteoarthritis of the knee
- Towards the evidence based integration of complementary medicines into hospitals settings
- Age-related macular degeneration and its possible prevention
- The integration of complementary therapies in Australian general practice: results of a national survey.
- The challenges and future direction for integrative medicine in clinical practice
- Single Cell Food
- Complementary medicines and weight management
- Exploring the other side of acupuncture
- Australians self-prescribe yoga for mental health
- Drug-complementary medicine interactions part 1
- Drug-complementary medicine interactions part 2
- Drug-complementary medicine interactions part 3
- Drug-complementary medicine interactions part 4
- Drug-complementary medicine interactions Part 5
- Drug-complementary medicine interactions part 6
- Traveller’s funny tummy; reviewing the evidence for complementary medicine
- Immunity and Integrative Medicine
- Australian Hospital pharmacists’ attitudes, perceptions, knowledge and practices of CAMs
- Detox: Science or Sales-pitch?
- Environmental toxins and health: the health impact of pesticides
- Investigating the claims of Konstantin Buteyko, MD, PhD: The relationship of breath holding time to end tidal CO2 and other proposed measures of dysfunctional breathing.
- Evaluation of breathing pattern: comparison of a manual assessment of respiratory motion (MARM) and respiratory induction plethysmography
- Hypericum perforatum with Vitex agnus-castus in menopausal symptoms: a randomized, controlled trial
- The practice and regulatory requirements of naturopathy and western herbal medicine in Australia
- Comparison of the manual assessment of respiratory motion (MARM) and the hi lo breathing assessment in determining a simulated breathing pattern
- Garlic for the common cold – 2009
- No effect of hypericum perforatum (St John’s wort) and vitex agnus.
- Human consumption of agricultural toxicants from organic and conventional food
- Wellness and the thermodynamics of a healthy lifestyle
- Relationship between measures of dysfunctional breathing in a population with concerns about their breathing
- Use of complementary medicines by cardiac surgery patients
- Assessing diet as a modifiable risk factor for pesticide exposure
- The sustainable training, treatment, employment program model: effects of manual therapy on musculoskeletal pain and limitation in a Filipino squatter community
- Relationship between dysfunctional breathing patterns and ability to achieve target heart rate variability with features of “coherence” during biofeedback.
- Acupuncture as analgesia for low back pain, ankle sprain and migraine in emergency departments:
- Efficacy and safety of a Chinese herbal medicine formula (RCM-104) in the management of simple obesity: a randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial
- Yoga in Australia: results of a national survey
- Rosehip – an evidence based herbal medicine for inflammation and arthritis
- The legitimacy of academic complementary medicine
- Mindfully teaching in the classroom: a literature review.
- Oxygen consumption changes with Yoga practices: a systematic review
- Yoga and hypertension: a systematic review
- Yoga for improving sleep quality and quality of life in older adults
- Low and then high frequency oscillations of distinct right cortical networks are successively enhanced by medium and long term Yoga meditation practice.
- A methodological review of meditation research
- Reduction in urinary organophosphate pesticides metabolites in adults after a week-long organic diet
- A postmarket surveillance study on electro-neuro-adaptive-regulator therapy
- An explorative study of metabolic responses to mental stress and yoga practices in yoga practitioners, non-yoga practitioners and people with metabolic syndrome
- Garlic for the common cold
- Best practice for integrative medicine in Australian medical practice
- Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum): A herb for all reasons
- Ubiquinol (Reduced Coenzyme Q10): A novel yet ubiquitous nutrient for heart disease
- Mindfulness in schools research project: exploring students’ perspectives of mindfulness —what are students’ perspectives of learning mindfulness practices at school?
- University-based online yoga education: A pilot study of students’ experience.
- Environmental chemicals in clinical practice: unveiling the elephant in the room
- Yoga and heart rate variability: A comprehensive review of the literature
- Heart rate variability, flow, mood and mental stress during yoga practices in yoga practitioners, non-yoga practitioners and people with metabolic syndrome
- Wellness tourists get well? An observational study of multiple dimensions of health and well-being after a week-long retreat
- Indulgence or therapy? Exploring the characteristics, motivations and experiences of hot springs bathers in Victoria
Submitted Essays :